8TH GRADE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS
Math - Mr. Blythe
Math - Ms. Newton
Langauge Arts - Ms. Rodenburg
Language Arts - Mrs. Murphy
ELD - Ms. Harris
Social Studies - Mr. English
Science - Mrs. McWright
WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON IN CLASS?
- Objective Summary Writing
- Nonfiction Text features and reading strategies
- Main Idea and Supporting details
- Argumentative Writng
- Narrative Reading and Writing
- Novel: The Watsons Go To Birmingham By Christopher Paul Curtis
WHAT SHOULD I DO AT NIGHT?
Students should be reading at home EVERY night for at least 30 minutes. Students can read ANYTHING they enjoy. They can read in any language! We encourage literacy in many languages. Students can also read aloud to their siblings. Fostering a positive environment where students read daily will help their literacy development. If you would like additional homework, students can always WRITE about what they read! Equally in any language you prefer!
Access test prep:
Argumentative Writing Research:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvzRpTdY3is (video link)